Folliculometry is the monitoring of the activity of the ovaries in dynamics with the help of ultrasound, which is conducted every few days in the continuation of the menstruation cycle, and, if necessary, several cycles. The task of conducting examinations is to choose the right time for conception.
The reasons why a folliculometry is recommended to woman:
• if pregnancy does not occur after a year of sexual activity without using contraceptives
• problems of the hormonal sphere are detected (insufficiency of the progesterone phase, pathological changes in the structure and functions of the ovaries, anovulation, etc.)
• if a woman, for some reason, needs to stimulate ovulation
• if artificial insemination is planned
• when planning in vitro fertilization